We all know what it’s like to be triggered—to have said something we wish we hadn’t, or reacted in a way that wasn’t helpful. What if there was a way to interrupt our knee-jerk responses? Bestselling author and American Buddhist nun Pema Chödrön offers a liberating teaching called shenpa for disarming reactivity, and offers tools for putting it to work in our own lives.
What You Will Receive:
- Six Video Learning Sessions with Pema Chödrön
Pema Chödrön offers six video sessions of insights, stories, and practices for incorporating the Tibetan Buddhist teachings of shenpa into your life.
- Two Video Sessions with Glenna Olmsted
Glenna Olmsted, senior student of Tsoknyi Rinpoche and Pema Chödrön, leads two video Q&A with participants from the live course.
- Complete Downloads of All Course Materials
The entire program of The Freedom to Choose Something Different is yours to keep and enjoy.
Finding Freedom through Seeing How We Get Hooked
In The Freedom to Choose Something Different, Pema Chödrön shares the liberating wisdom of an approach that she uses in her personal daily practice, along with tools for putting it to work in our own lives. Join her for six online sessions of video teachings and two recorded Q&A video sessions with Glenna Olmsted, senior student of Tsoknyi Rinpoche and Pema Chödrön. This complete learning experience includes practice tips, reflection questions, and guided meditations for learning how to recognize the moment-by-moment choice points in our lives.
- Shenpa, an ineffable Tibetan term that attempts to describe the quality of getting hooked, and a practice for getting unhooked
- The Three Difficult Practices, and Pema’s expert guidance on how to use them for positive transformation in your life
- Ways to unravel patterns of self-denigration
- How to cultivate acceptance of your irritability, insecurities, and other less noble human traits
- The power of pause, a simple practice that makes a big difference in our daily lives
- How staying with discomfort can help us uncover our innate wisdom and confidence
- The dynamic, fluid nature of groundlessness and how it can help transform your habits, addictions, and behaviors
- Guided contemplative practices for cultivating the awareness of shenpa in everyday life
- Two Q&A sessions recorded with live course participants with Glenna Olmsted, senior student of Tsoknyi Rinpoche and Pema Chödrön
Note: The previous release of this course was titled Getting Unstuck: The Freedom to Choose Something Different.