Four Keys to Courage, Strength, Spaciousness, and Joy
What would happen if we looked with fresh eyes at the struggles and “impossible situations” that we face every day—and found there four gifts that changed everything?
For decades, Pema Chödrön has brought clarity and heart to the core teachings of the Buddha, helping to make them relevant and useful in our everyday lives. With The Truth of Our Existence, she immerses us in one of Buddhism’s essential distillations of written wisdom known as The Four Marks of Existence.
These marks that shape all of us, teaches Pema Chödrön, are like forgotten gifts waiting to be found. And while they may ring familiar to some, they hold vast layers of often unrealized understanding to both new and seasoned ears alike. In this four-session learning program, Pema Chödrön illuminates for us:
- The truth of impermanence and its power to give us strength and courage
- The truth of egolessness—how it connects us with others and transforms fear and anger into clarity of vision
- The truth about suffering, how we create it, and what to do when it seems unbearable
- The truth of peace—that liberation or nirvana is real
- How to use the wisdom of this profound sutra to touch the open and abundant expanse in which we truly dwell
With The Truth of Our Existence, Pema Chödrön invites us to see that there is, in reality, “no score to settle,” and that we can step out of confusion, frustration, and fear—and into the space of heartful awareness.